Sunday, May 3, 2009

All work and no play

Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. And sometimes you're trying so hard to see that light, that when you do, you're not sure if it isn't just a mirage. I know I've just mixed tunnel and desert metaphores here, but bear with me . . .
That light I'm deserately seeking is our next show. And unfortunately, I won't be able to see it shining until after we've settled all the details of time, place, rights, etc. You know, the work part of it. The stuff that everyone tells you to look out for when you're running your own company. Bleh. I hate to think they might be right.
Even with working on some part of this process everyday, it still feels like we're light years away from this show, instead of the 2-3 months away I'd like to be. And as some of you know, I'm one of those people that likes to get things settled quickly. You know, like yesterday.
Keeping me going is the constant thought that when I finally get to the end of the tunnel, and when I see that light (assuming it's not a mirage), it'll all be worth it. It certainly was for House Of Yes. I'm more proud of that show than practically anything else I've been a part of.
I try to think about that show a lot. How everything kinda fell into place at the last minute. The house. The pink suit. The rainstorm. Maybe it'll work out that way again. Maybe if I can just trust to the process.
Or maybe it's just the slow step by step progress the four of us are making. Maybe like the turtle in the proverbial race, we'll get there eventually. To the light. To the end of the tunnel.

Assuming, of course, it's not just all a mirage.

- Kerry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The light is coming...THANK GOD!!!
Andrew

Kerry McGee said...

Seriously, dude. I just caught a glimmer of it this week. **spoiler alert** audition info will be up soon . . .

- k mc