Monday, February 9, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

Okay, so maybe it is Christmas, but the 2nd most wonderful time of the year is easily Turner Classic Movie Channel's 31 days of Oscars.
For one month straight they only play movies that have won and Acadamy Award in anything from sound design to best picture. It's phenominal, because finally, 24 hrs. a day, there is always something good on TV. My poor DVR is working overtime to record them all for me. I'm in movie heaven.
I know this is a really tenuous connection to theatre, but seriously, you've got to take advantage of any great performance you can find, and sometimes, it's at the cinema. Plus, sometime this week they're running a marathon of Sir Lawrence Olivier's Shakespeare films, so I mean, that kind of relates, doesn't it? Especially when one of them is Henry V. And another is Richard III. How very timely, eh?

I'm ready for my endorsement check now, TCM.

- kerry

No comments: